Making Active Transportation Programs a Reality
Across the country, public agencies are supporting programs that encourage bicycling and walking as an alternative to using our cars.
The impetus for these Active Transportation Programs, as they are known, is the goal of reducing greenhouse gases, at the same time promoting healthier lifestyles across our nation.
- Regional and project-specific Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Studies
- Multi-modal planning including alignment alternatives, facility types, community outreach
- Preparation of grants and funding applications
- Design of bicycle and pedestrian facilities including multi-use paths, cycle tracks (separated bike lanes), bike boulevards
- Design of protected street crossings such as Hybrid Beacons and RRFB
- Walkability studies