Abener Teyma Mojave
$1.2 Billion Project to Power 54,000 Households
As part of the Abener Teyma Mojave Construction Management team, Psomas provided surveying services on the Mojave Solar Project near Barstow. This $1.2 billion project generates enough electricity to power about 54,000 average households and preventing 350,000 tons of CO2 emissions from entering the atmosphere.
The 250 MW facility generates solar electric through twin 125 MW power islands and utilizes parabolic trough technology to solar heat a Heat Transfer Fluid to generate steam in generators.
Psomas provided surveying services including:
- Boundary Surveys
- Layout of sensitive habitat fencing
- Horizontal and vertical survey control suitable for construction
- Verification of previously completed survey and mapping
- As built Surveys with quantity calculations
- Construction staking of piles, anchor bolts, and pipeworks
- Survey Quality Control/ Quality Assurance