Southern California Edison
Endangered Species Surveys
General Biological Surveys
USFS 4(e) Condition Compliance
Management Plan Preparation and Implementation
Psomas prepared several management plans on behalf of Southern California Edison (SCE) to ensure compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) Order Issuing New License and the conditions associated with the new license for SCE’s Borel Hydroelectric Project. The Borel Project is located within the Kern River Canyon, partially on US Forest Service lands.
Psomas consulted with multiple federal, state, public and local agencies to complete the plans which included:
- Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle Management Plan
- Sensitive Species Protection Plan
- Southwestern Pond Turtle Monitoring Plan
- Vegetation and Invasive Weed Management Plan
- Fire Management and Response Plan
- Roads and Transportation Facilities Management Plan
- Sign Plan
- Visual Management Plan
All plans were approved by FERC and are currently being used to guide and implement required operations and maintenance activities at the Borel Project.