Tangible Contribution to Society
From industry related activities, to corporate sponsored charity events, to individuals who are active within their own neighborhoods, we take great satisfaction in knowing that we’ve made a difference.
Just as we understand that engineering makes a tangible contribution to society, we also understand that our contributions as individuals also make a vital difference in our communities.
Psomas supports a variety of activities which help make a difference in people’s lives and in the environment, such as annual volunteer days organized by each of our offices, holiday giving (office drives and a corporate donation to a staff-chosen charity), support for industry associations, and scholarships for university programs in our industry.
Our Annual Paper Yacht Challenge in downtown Los Angeles raises tens of thousands of dollars for local charities:
- Skid Row Housing Trust (2016)
- Budokan of Los Angeles, a project of Little Tokyo Service Center (2015)
- Hope Street Family Center (2014)
- MetroCharter Elementary (2013)
- Para Los Niños (2012)
- Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House (2011)
- Weingart Center Association (2010)
- Los Angeles Foodbank (2009)
- Blind Children’s Center (2008)
Learn more about the annual Yacht Challenge here.