Psomas recently finalized negotiations for one of the largest contracts in the firm’s history. As part of the Abener Teyma Mojave Construction Management team, Psomas is providing surveying services on the Mojave Solar Project in the Mojave Desert near Barstow, CA. This $1.2 billion project is expected to come online in 2014, generating enough electricity to power about 54,000 average households, and preventing 350,000 tons of CO2 emissions from entering the atmosphere.
The 250-megawatt facility will generate solar electric through twin 125 MW power islands and will utilize parabolic trough technology to solar heat a Heat Transfer Fluid to generate steam in generators.
Psomas is providing surveying services including:
- Boundary Surveys
- Layout of sensitive habitat fencing
- Horizontal and vertical survey control suitable for construction
- Verification of previously completed survey and mapping
- As built Surveys with quantity calculations
- Construction staking of piles, anchor bolts, and pipeworks
- Survey Quality Control/ Quality Assurance